Skip to main content

Why do we feel guilty...

 


Do you feel guilty about taking care of yourself?

 

I wanted to take a break away from beauty tips and talk about self-care, I use to think that taking that one hour a day for me was like taking the world away from my son and family.  But did you know that taking one hour a day can re-charge your mind, body and soul.

 

Why do we find it so difficult to take care of ourselves?  This was a question that my therapist asked me.  I once answered that by saying I’m being selfish, my time is when I am sleeping or driving into work and when my son is awake or family needs me then it’s when  I have to step it up for them.  But that is wrong, self-care is taking care of your inner child, that one that needs us to still take care of not to be confused with taking care of your own child or significant other.  Our inner child needs compassion, comfort, warmth, love and time to nurture ourselves.  Our inner child needs to be just that a child, one who needs to know it’s OK to keep growing and allow our emotions to come out. 

 

There is no right or wrong way to self-care but maybe some of you feel that buying a new pair of shoes or taking a vacation is self-care and that’s all you need.  Sometimes I find my self-care is in a shopping spree at Ulta or Sephora (one that I don’t recommend it can be expensive).  Just like our inner child needs to speak up, we need to learn to listen as well.  Take that break when you’re hungry, allow yourself to cry if you need to cleanse your soul and laugh like NO ONE is watching.  We all have a purpose and a special path to take, it’s time to accept that YOUR needs should be your priority in YOUR everyday decision.

 

As being a people pleaser one thing that was so hard for me to accept and follow through was to say NO when you feel like saying it, I now just throw in a smile to take that guilty feeling away. 😊 

 

Finally remember there is only ONE of YOU, make sure you are doing everything within your reach to keep yourself sane and grounded.

 

Sending hugs and smiles your way!  Happy Wednesday!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Washing your face and why it's important

Did you know that having a nighttime routine is just as important as having a morning routine, let’s talk about washing our faces.  Did you know that over-washing your skin will strip the natural oils from your face, this will cause your face to go into overdrive and produce even more oil.  There are a few mistakes that we often do without realizing that we are doing it.                                                                                                            Did you know that washing your face in the shower can cause more damage? The reason it causes more damage is because we tend to shower with hotter water, its ideal to wash with lukewarm water and finish your last rinse with cooler water to close the pores.      Do you exfoliate your skin daily?  Exfoliating is good but not every day, the reason why it’s not good is due to our skin type.  When it comes to darker skin exfoliating can cause pigmentation issues and cause spots.  Many Dermatologist will tell y

Facial Massages Girl Tip Tuesday

I am very passionate when it comes to skin care and make-up.  I would like to share the knowledge that I know when it comes to skin care and any make-up tips.  If you have any question on products or trends that you see, please feel free to ask away.  If I don’t know it, I will definitely look into it.   I wanted to start with talking about facial massages, most of us just rub serums or face cream on and think that’s it.  Did you know there is a technique to this and its very important that you’re using these products correctly.  Just like our bodies need exercise to stay toned well your face needs it to look younger, who wouldn’t want to look younger.    First I want to share some benefits to facial massage, if you look online you will see tons of articles and benefits but I want to share the ones that are most important to me.   Relieves tension – Have you ever experienced tension in your face from a night of laughing or a tension headache, well facial massa